Senior Financial Engineer
Incline Village, NV
(posted 03/13/2018)Job Description
Zazove Associates is an institutional investment firm with offices in Incline Village, NV, San Francisco, CA and Chicago, IL. We are recruiting an experienced financial engineer to join our team at the Incline Village, NV headquarters.
Primary responsibilities include oversight and hands-on development of proprietary tools that are used for security analysis, portfolio analysis, risk management, trade allocation, and client reporting. Strong quantitative skills are required, along with the ability to code and develop an appropriate user interface. Special projects that require analytical skills are common.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining and improving our convertible security analysis tools
• Analyzing and mitigating portfolio risk
• Streamlining and improving portfolio and risk management processes
• Interacting with clients and prospects to demonstrate our systems and tools
The ideal candidate brings relevant financial industry experience and educational credentials. CFA designation is a plus. A strong programming background is required.
Specific requirements include:
• BA / BS (or higher) in a related field (Finance, Computer Science)
• 3-5 years of programming experience
You should enjoy working in a small company environment and thrive in a multi-faceted role. We are looking for team players who are self-starters, detail-oriented, and critical thinkers.
Zazove Associates is an institutional investment firm with offices in Incline Village, NV, San Francisco, CA and Chicago, IL.
Since our founding in 1971, we’ve given our staff an intellectually challenging work environment, and a work-life balance that is rare in a professional setting, taking advantage of our location on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
The successful candidate will also have opportunities for professional growth and career development. We will provide a competitive base salary, a bonus opportunity, 100% employee medical coverage, and a 401(k) plan.
How to Apply
Submit your resume to recruiting-SFE@zazove.com. Last Day to Apply
N / A
Financial Systems Technologist II
NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE)
(posted 12/27/2017)Job Description
NETE is seeking a junior to early mid-level technology professional to join our Finance & Budget Management Services Team as a Financial Systems Technologist II. Our F&BMS Team provides subject matter expertise and cutting-edge finance & budget management solutions to multiple Federal clients. The Financial Systems Technologist II actively participates in, and provides technical direction for the development and maintenance of our flagship solutions. The Financial Systems Technologist II is located at our satellite office, and works closely with a client-facing counterpart to help coordinate and oversee technical tasking & follow-up for analysts assigned to the F&BMS Team. The Financial Systems Technologist II participates in weekly review meetings with company leadership, and is responsible for ensuring that technical tasks are completed on time and in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
• At the direction of company leadership, participate in, coordinate, and oversee activities to evaluate client requirements; determine technical direction and scope; and carry out team tasking and follow-up as it relates to a multi-modular acquisition management solution using industry-leading best practices.
• Establish and maintain ongoing communications with a client-facing counterpart and other stakeholders for the purposes of facilitating the gathering of client-specific emerging issues and requirements; gauging progress on project deliverables; and identifying and mitigating fac-tors that may affect company performance as it relates to project timelines and deliverables.
• Implement industry-leading agile methodologies to boost company performance and efficien-cies while reducing costs.
• Track, monitor, and provide weekly updates on project progress, successes, barriers, and potential solutions to company leadership during weekly update meetings.
• Assist in designing, as well as participate in, and oversee the implementation of ongoing Quality Assurance and Quality Control efforts to maximize service levels while minimizing costs.
• Participate in and support the ongoing professional development of analysts and technology specialists assigned to the F&BMS Team using best practices including (but not limited to) code labs/code reviews, trainings, and problem-based learning.
• Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• 3-5 years of relevant and applied experience as a technologist, developer, or software engi-neer in a Federal agency and/or a large-scale financial business or corporation.
• Ability to work with and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural and linguistic back-grounds.
• Critical and strategic thinking.
• Domain Knowledge
o General knowledge of the Federal budget lifecycle.
o General knowledge of Federal acquisitions & cost principles.
o General knowledge of and experience in finance and budget-related technologies used in the public sector and/or large-scale financial businesses or corporations.
• Technology Platforms
o Knowledge of and applied technical experience with programming in Node.js and Ex-press.
o Knowledge of and applied technical experience with programming in SQL (i.e. MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL).
o Knowledge of and applied technical experience with programming in VBA.
• Quality Assurance & Testing
o Knowledge of and applied technical experience in unit and end-to-end testing of multi-modular solutions.
o Knowledge of and applied technical experience in optimization.
• Information Security
o Knowledge of and applied technical experience in implementing programming best practices to prevent and/or mitigate potential vulnerabilities associated with front-end technologies.
• Project Management
o Knowledge of and applied professional experience in implementing Agile philosophies and methodologies.
o Knowledge of and applied experience in working with, tasking, and supporting data analysts.
o Knowledge of and applied professional experience with managing and maintaining version control tools such as SharePoint, Git, Teams, Jira, and/or Teamworks.
o Knowledge of and applied technical experience in developing and maintaining technical documentation.
o Knowledge of and experience with the Software Development Lifecycle including release scheduling and trade-off analysis.
o Knowledge of and applied experience in writing one-pagers, briefs, reports for different audiences.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.Other Information
NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce di-versity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other charac-teristic protected by law in terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
NETE is an Employer of National Service and encourages alumni of AmeriCorps and Peace Corps to ap-ply for positions at our organization.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include per-formance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume, with the subject line "Financial Systems Technologist II", to email@example.com. Last Day to Apply
February 2, 2018