Senior Quantitative Analyst
(posted 10/29/2018)Job Description
We are looking for candidates with a strong mathematical and derivatives analytics background to apply their skills to the development of Calypso’s Quantitative analytics. This is a tremendous opportunity to work in a Front Office team that comprises FO traders, quants and risk specialists and will involve developing and implementing complex financial models for the use by trading desks.Qualifications
Up to 8 years of experience working as a quantitative analyst developing derivatives analytics.
A strong mathematical background with a Masters or PhD or equivalent in Math/Physics/Engineering from a top institution.
A good understanding of stochastic calculus
Strong programming/OO skills (Java or C++)
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employee (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.Other Information
Design and implement quantitative analytics to be used throughout the Calypso system
Interact with our product managers and external clients to promote best practice quantitative analytics used by Risk and the Front Office
Develop using Java throughout together with a robust Junit framework and Excel/Matlab/Python for prototyping purposes
Based in our London officeOrganization Description
Founded in 1997, Calypso Technology is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held company which provides leading edge software solutions to the global financial services industry.
Calypso provides a single turn-key Java-based platform for trading and trade processing and provides real-time, event-driven processing that enables global financial institutions to provide integrated solutions across all asset classes, from foreign exchange and equities to fixed income and credit derivatives.
In addition to our headquarters in San Francisco, our 800+ person global workforce is strategically located in New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and South Africa. Our global presence offers international exposure, experience and travel for many of our employment positions. The London office is located in the City of London.How to Apply
https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CALYPSO&cws=39&rid=2380&source=LinkedIn&src=LinkedIn&gns=LinkedInLast Day to Apply
Senior Financial Engineer
San Francisco, CA
(posted 10/17/2018)Job Description
Calypso's Financial Engineering team provides pricing and risk analytics across all asset classes to top-tier financial institutions around the world. We are looking for candidates with a strong mathematical background and programming experience to apply their skills to the financial modeling of interest rates, credit derivatives, and especially counterparty credit risk/CVA. This is a front office role and will involve developing and implementing complex financial models for trading desks and risk management groups.
A minimum of 6 years’ relevant post-academic work experience.
A strong mathematical background with an advanced degree in Quantitative Finance, Math, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering from a top institution.
A minimum of 3 years’ working as a Financial Engineer or Quantitative Analyst supporting a trading desk, risk department, or financial software company. This requirement can be waived if the candidate has an advanced degree in Quantitative Finance.
Strong object-oriented programming skills (Java, C# or C++) and professional experience applying those skills to the design and development of production quality code. Familiarity with common software development tools, processes and techniques is expected.
Good communication skills both verbally and in writing, as the selected applicant is expected to effectively explain his or her work and related quantitative financial models to team members, coworkers from other teams, and clients, each at the appropriate level of understanding.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, has good attention to detail, and is eager to apply his or her quantitative and programming skills to implement and to deliver financial analytics solutions to a wide client base at one of the leading financial software companies globally.Other Information
We are growing our team by recruiting and hiring the best talent in the market those who desire to take the initiative, are self-directed learners and have the desire solve our customers’ problems to drive our growth. Also, we identify, train and develop future leaders to ensure we have the capabilities to scale the business and to provide career development to our team members.
At Calypso, you will have an active role in a business that makes a difference in the capital markets every day. Regardless of your role, your work will be closely tied to our customers’ success and will have an impact on their mission critical systems. I f you have the drive, a winning attitude, and a desire to make a difference then we invite you to apply today.
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Calypso only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid executed NonExclusive Master Staffing Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Calypso employees, or send to any Calypso location. Calypso is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Since our founding in 1997, Calypso has been the leader of innovation in capital markets technology. To continue our track record of growth we need the best talent from across the globe and offer outstanding opportunities to join a uniquely innovative, highly successful company that straddles the worlds of technology and finance. With over 20 offices worldwide, market leading products and a customer base of the world’s top banks, asset managers, hedge funds and insurers our team thrives on stimulating challenges and global opportunities. How to Apply
https://goo.gl/eu2vTXLast Day to Apply
Sr. Associate, Data Science
(posted 10/01/2018)Job Description
Sr. Associate, Data Science sought by Avant LLC in Chicago, IL to lead loss frcstng prcss for Avant biz lines. Apply at jobpostingtoday.com, ref. 79102Qualifications
Please see job descriptionOther Information
Please see job descriptonOrganization Description
Avant, LLC develops and operates an online marketplace lending processing platform.How to Apply
Apply at jobpostingtoday.com, ref. 79102Last Day to Apply
Chief Financial Officer
(posted 09/17/2018)Job Description
Primary Function: As part of a dynamic and vibrant startup company based in California, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible to assist the Chief Executive Officer to plan, organize, and oversee all of the accounting, finance and administration of the organization, assure financial stability, and maintain appropriate records for the company.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Consignments and/or reselling business
- Inventory based business
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
Physical Demands/Environment: The physical requirements outlined below are examples of the physical aspects that the person holding this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential job duties.
- Sufficient vision to read printed material, see distant objects with clarity, and identify and distinguish objects.
- Sufficient hearing to hear conversations in person and on the telephone and hear sounds clearly up to 20 feet.
- Ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversation and on the telephone and in addressing co-workers.
- Occasional or frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, lifting, and reaching for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and/or mobility to grasp and /or manipulate objects, operate mechanical equipment, and move about the work area.
- Work environment in an office setting with possibility of high noise levels and perceiving a variety of office related sounds by earQualifications
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration specialized in finance, or related field and preferred five (5) full time years responsible experience in corporate finance. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.Other Information
Compensation: $80,000 - $100,000 (based on experience)Organization Description
Informational Website: https://www.kxstartglobal.com/How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to
email@example.comLast Day to Apply
Oct 1, 2018