Director of Risk Management - Loss/Forecasting
(posted 01/22/2019)Job Description
Within this role you will be part of the Risk Management team responsible for MGIC’s credit risk analytics platform and insurance related capital markets activities. You will quantitatively and qualitatively assess, draw conclusions and structure responses on MGIC’s current and potential risk exposures and communicate their impact on profitability and capital position using deterministic and stochastic scenario analysis. The successful candidate will:
• Manages and develops a team of co-workers with a diversity of skills and experience levels. Ensures staff is knowledgeable and cross-trained, encourages self-development, and promotes team participation. Provides work direction and monitors overall productivity and work quality.
• Responsible for the selection, performance evaluation, and salary administration of co-workers.
• Manages, leads, and supports others through the process of change both within the team and throughout the organization to achieve results related to MGIC’s corporate strategy.
• Manages the operational and fiscal activities of the department including: staffing levels, budgets, operational controls and processes, and financial goals.
• Analyzes business processes and issues. Manages departmental policies, procedures, and standards to enhance efficiency and work quality.
• Develops solutions to problems with consideration for department and company goals and direction.
• Develops and manages relationships between departments both inside and outside business unit.
Responsibilities specific to this role:
• Direct quantitative analyses for MGIC’s revenue and loss forecasting, portfolio stress testing, risk concentration limits setting, mortgage insurance pricing, new product development support, and hedging strategy.
• Interpret internal and external business issues and recommends solutions using best practices. Takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
• Plan completion of complex key business projects. Establish scope and objectives, and develop the strategy for completion.
• Conduct research, gather information, and maintain awareness of business environment, government events, and regulatory changes.
• Be responsible for both detailed and high-level analyses of alternative transactions related to MGIC’s insurance inforce and new business.
• Develop and maintain financial models detailing evaluation of Economic Capital, Earnings at Risk and other risk sensitivities.
• Within the terms of the Asset and Liability (ALCO) Charter, develops risk assessments and monitors investment holdings for market and liquidity risk, credit concentrations and other credit related metrics that may impact portfolio performance. In addition, the position will provide monitoring of an integrated asset and liability management framework in “base case,” stochastic, and stress economic scenarios.
• Participates in the evaluation of GSE risk sharing transactions.
Do you have what it takes?
Education: Completion of an Advanced Degree. Additional experience (2 years) beyond the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Risk management principles and concepts
• Residential mortgage industry and role of credit enhancements
• Risk information resources, technology, systems
• Data analytics, reporting and data analysis tools
• Project management principles
• Excel financial models
• MGIC’s internal processes and business requirements and controls
• Underwriting guidelines and policies
• Analysis, to structure problems and draw conclusions and make recommendations
• Ability to model problems using a variety of software and databases
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex quantitative concepts to an executive audience
• Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitive information, both verbally and in writing.
Experience: More than 7 years recent and related experience performing advanced work in the mortgage industry. 5 years previous supervisory experience required.Other Information
Who we are:
We are a private mortgage insurer with $207.5 billion primary insurance in force covering approximately one million mortgages (as of October 31, 2018). MGIC provides a critical component of our country’s residential mortgage finance system, protecting mortgage investors from credit losses. Mortgage insurance from MGIC also benefits consumers by making affordable low-down-payment mortgages a reality. Bottom line…We put people into homes sooner! #WeAreMGIC
Our headquarters are located in downtown Milwaukee, a place that offers something for everyone with its big-city attractions and small-town atmosphere. MGIC is an nine-time recipient of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Work Places award. This is an award based on the opinion of our company's greatest asset, our talented and dedicated workforce! We are committed to being an active and positive member of the local Milwaukee community. Along with our co-workers, we support many local initiatives including:
• United Way
• United Performing Arts Fund
• Habitat for Humanity
• Junior Achievement
• Public Television Channel 10/36 Auction
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and substance abuse testing.
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.Organization Description
Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGICHow to Apply
Please send your resume to Nancy_Vang-Lee, Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner.
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.Last Day to Apply
Senior Quantitative Analyst
(posted 10/29/2018)Job Description
We are looking for candidates with a strong mathematical and derivatives analytics background to apply their skills to the development of Calypso’s Quantitative analytics. This is a tremendous opportunity to work in a Front Office team that comprises FO traders, quants and risk specialists and will involve developing and implementing complex financial models for the use by trading desks.Qualifications
Up to 8 years of experience working as a quantitative analyst developing derivatives analytics.
A strong mathematical background with a Masters or PhD or equivalent in Math/Physics/Engineering from a top institution.
A good understanding of stochastic calculus
Strong programming/OO skills (Java or C++)
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employee (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.Other Information
Design and implement quantitative analytics to be used throughout the Calypso system
Interact with our product managers and external clients to promote best practice quantitative analytics used by Risk and the Front Office
Develop using Java throughout together with a robust Junit framework and Excel/Matlab/Python for prototyping purposes
Based in our London officeOrganization Description
Founded in 1997, Calypso Technology is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held company which provides leading edge software solutions to the global financial services industry.
Calypso provides a single turn-key Java-based platform for trading and trade processing and provides real-time, event-driven processing that enables global financial institutions to provide integrated solutions across all asset classes, from foreign exchange and equities to fixed income and credit derivatives.
In addition to our headquarters in San Francisco, our 800+ person global workforce is strategically located in New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and South Africa. Our global presence offers international exposure, experience and travel for many of our employment positions. The London office is located in the City of London.How to Apply
https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CALYPSO&cws=39&rid=2380&source=LinkedIn&src=LinkedIn&gns=LinkedInLast Day to Apply