Event: America's Next Top Pricing Model-Valuations in Distress
Date:May 12, 2008
Time: 5:00 Registration, 5:30 Program Begins, 7:00 Reception
300 Madison Avenue
The International Association of Financial Engineers is pleased to invite you to
Michael Greenstein, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Robert Neff, Sailfish Capital Partners
Charles Smithson, Rutter Associates LLC
Bethany McLean, Fortune Magazine
· Is mark to market appropriate in an illiquid market?
· Should valuations of distressed securities be treated differently from securities held where the supply vastly exceeds the demand, i.e., an imbalance?
· If real estate values were constantly rising, what choice did the rating agencies have when it came to subprime?
· Should Congress step in and overrule FAS 157?
· If an investor bought credit protection as a speculator and doesn't own the underlying bond, how should such investor value the protection contract?